British Airways (BA)
E16 2PX London
We believe our unique British Airways’ service should be accessible to everyone, and we’re committed to making flights as easy as possible for customers travelling with disabilities. We’re continually improving our service, and aim to become the airline of choice for customers with visible and non-visible disabilities.
What we can do to help you
A range of services are available, some of which are the responsibility of the airport operator or other service providers to provide. Once we know your requirements, we'll liaise with them to make arrangements.
Depending on your individual needs and circumstances, we can arrange:
- Assistance or an escort to and from the aircraft
- Help with stairs where necessary
- Transport for wheelchairs and mobility aids
When you reach the aircraft, our cabin crew can help you:
- Find your seat and familiarise you with your seat and the surrounding area
- Store and retrieve your hand baggage
- Move between your seat and the toilets
- Open any packaging of your on-board meal, identify your food and the layout of the meal tray
Our team will also be able to provide you with essential flight information.
What you’ll need to take care of
During your journey you will need to look after:
- Personal care during the flight, such as eating and taking medicine
- Personal care in the toilet
- The needs of your service dog
You will need to travel with a safety assistant if you need help to do any of the following:
- Lift yourself, for example in or out of your seat
- Reach an emergency exit unaided
- Communicate with the crew on safety matters
- Unfasten your seat belt
- Retrieve and fit a life jacket
- Fit an oxygen mask
How to request assistance
You can request assistance in Manage My Booking after you have booked your flights. Please let us know what type of assistance you need at least 48 hours before your flight departs.
Find out more about how to request assistance.
If you have any questions or need further help, please contact us.
We offer assistance in four areas. When you request assistance with us in Manage My Booking, you’ll be asked to choose the ones you need.
If you can’t find the type or level of service you need, please contact us.